There was an issue brought up regarding the need for the software Creative Suites. This is a package that is already used and needs to be updated. It was insinuated that it may be to advanced for our students which is really insulting...
In the individual staff meeting held 4/6/11 with Munyiga and Norris it was explained by Norris that UBMS would soon have to consider curtailing services to participants.
The director informed us last Thursday, 4/14 that we could only hire 7 summer staff. Hmmmm. What happened to the 1 to 6 ratio? The alternative was less students or cutting another staff. I asked about finding more money. The director said I could do research, and then told me all the resources he has at his disposal. Why am I doing more research if he has the information already?
Folks, for our college tours there was only a few days advance notice. We were unable to arrange campus tours, we won't be giving the students any cash to eat, we will be on a bus, and there was inadequate time to give students permission forms. I was not able to reach every student, and still need to call. This is nuts! Why are we fixing stuff that's working?
So it's May, and there are no plans for what to do on the weekends for meals for students and staff. I asked at the meeting yesterday, and there was no answer. I am left frustrated and distressed about the things that are undetermined and unclear.
There was an issue brought up regarding the need for the software Creative Suites. This is a package that is already used and needs to be updated. It was insinuated that it may be to advanced for our students which is really insulting...
ReplyDeleteIn the individual staff meeting held 4/6/11 with Munyiga and Norris it was explained by Norris that UBMS would soon have to consider curtailing services to participants.
ReplyDeleteThe director informed us last Thursday, 4/14 that we could only hire 7 summer staff. Hmmmm. What happened to the 1 to 6 ratio? The alternative was less students or cutting another staff. I asked about finding more money. The director said I could do research, and then told me all the resources he has at his disposal. Why am I doing more research if he has the information already?
ReplyDeleteFolks, for our college tours there was only a few days advance notice. We were unable to arrange campus tours, we won't be giving the students any cash to eat, we will be on a bus, and there was inadequate time to give students permission forms. I was not able to reach every student, and still need to call. This is nuts! Why are we fixing stuff that's working?
ReplyDeleteSo it's May, and there are no plans for what to do on the weekends for meals for students and staff. I asked at the meeting yesterday, and there was no answer. I am left frustrated and distressed about the things that are undetermined and unclear.
ReplyDelete