Saturday, April 2, 2011

Staff Harassment

A place to comment on the different policies and changes that are being made that seem like they are just meant to harass the staff.

7 comments:

  1. I am being setup to fail!!! So I was removed from the listserv for security contacts for the department because I no longer get the messages when there is a problem with one of our IP address'. This is troubling because they want me to be responsible for those issues but have removed me from the communications. I now only receive the notices if they are forwarded to me. Dustin told me today that one of the RDM entries needed to be updated but I didn't receive the notice so it limits the information I received about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norris has directed Tom, Hazel, Jennifer to report to Mary Lim, a non-UBMS employee. Mary Lim, as of this writing, is on ETS payroll and not UBMS. This raises questions of propriety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a very disturbing exchange with Adam Parker regarding the UB Webpage. Again I am being setup to fail since I am being asked to complete a task that I have not received the information from Norris and Mary. Also I am being harassed being that there has been no concern regarding updating the EGC webpages. Further when I reached out to Debbie Fong I received an email where she is trying to skew the issue and justify Adams position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, let's see. I was told to work with Mary and Jennifer to move stuff in the storage room and figure out what to dump and what to store. Since most of the items in the room will be moved in June, I suggested that we do it in the summer, when it will be easy to figure out. But I was threatened by the director telling me that if I did not do this, he would spend program funds on movers or have all the staff come in to do the job. So, it was all put on me. I wonder why I am the only male staff member assigned to this task, and I am the oldest person on the staff. Talk about set up to fail. So I moved a bunch of stuff today, and now it's a real mess. Next will come the order to move it all back. This is like digging holes and filling them up again. Pointless and just retaliation for being confrontational I guess. I don't get this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, no response to my request for directions on what to do if Keith shows up at any activities or functions where the students are in public areas. Why pick on one person like that? Could it be...racist?! I can only say that had it been an African man, it would have never happened. I can also say that racism is always personal, and goes right to that level no matter where it begins. Personal issues are racist issues when it comes down to dogging an Asian man like this. Again, all I can say if fuck me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tactic used by the director is similar to the VC. Talk about something, anything else but the real issue, and think that it will suffice to answer and address the issue. Not even close. JACL even saw through that immediately. Today I had a message from the director, and it was still not mentioning Keith by name, so I replied with Keith's name in my message. It's all nutty, muddy, inane and insane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So it's May and the latest is that we have been directed to use a format for an activities report submitted by Hazel for weekly reports. How does this work? It's gone from chilly to hostile and the director's comments are disrespectful and not professional at all. Poor leadership has been shown and there is no plan for how the program will be conducted in the near future. It's a mess.

    ReplyDelete